Select strategy and marketing planning assignments include:
Start-up of a specialty ISP serving the Internet accesss needs of business guests at select hotel properties.
North American market expansion of an established Alberta-based data storage business, seeking $2.5 million for development of new geographic and vertical market segments.
Start-up of a BC-based applied R&D botanical products venture, seeking $1 million to develop, grow, process, and market natural, plant-based, medicinal preparations.
Start-up of a California-based applied R&D food supplement business, seeking US $1 million to develop, grow, refine and market natural, plant-based, zero-calorie sweeteners.
Market introduction for a Canadian R&D company, seeking US $16 million to complete R&D commercialization and initial marketing of its proprietary, “bolt-on”, internal-combustion engine hydrogen power technology, targeting the substantial global diesel-powered transport marketplace.
Start-up of a corporate training firm, operating as a franchisor, which raised almost $2 million in funding and sold 30 franchises.
Growth of a California-based Internet service provider, seeking US $3 million for US market expansion.
Start-up of several specialty Web portal sites based in Canada and the US, each seeking US $1 million.
Expanded R&D development and initial market introduction of an established Canadian software development firm funded with US $3 million.
- Reviews and/or opportunity assessments for a major North American hydro utility related to:
- Telecommunications markets.
- Power Smart energy management and conservation programs.
- Electric vehicle industry.
- Market assessments for a US subsidiary of a large British multi-national including:
- Separate market assessment studies of the Canadian and US markets for cash handling and electronic security equipment and services in financial institutions.
- Strategies and acquisition candidates for Canadian market entry and expansion.
- Market impacts of US banking industry consolidation.
- Mentoring of hi-tech startup companies, into the Top 10 finalists (out of about 150 competitors), in the "New Ventures BC" competition:
- An 'alternative energy' venture, seeking to harnesses the energy in the heaving motion of ocean waves, that placed in the Top 10 and won $30,000 (2005).
- A nano-technology venture, seeking to provide secure ID tagging , that placed in the Top 10 (2006).
These strategy and marketing planning "corporate development" projects involved:
- Assisting with strategic planning and corporate structuring activities.
- Preparing marketing and business plans targeted to investors.
- Preparing comprehensive briefing notes and conducting presentations.